Have you ever heard someone comment after returning from a getaway, “I need a vacation from my vacation!” The idea is that they were so busy during their travels that they still feel the need for relaxing downtime!
Here are Blue Water Cottages in Lighthouse Cove, Ontario, your getaway can be as active as you choose. We’ve mentioned previously some of the fun things to do in our area, but we know it’s important for families to not only create lasting memories but also that the parents get the relaxation they deserve!
Here’s our advice for a fun and relaxing family vacation.
- Plan an activity every day, such as paddle boarding, a long bike ride, going to a playground, kayaking and taking walks (make it more engaging with a nature walk bingo game).
- Be prepared for indoor fun if the weather isn’t co-operative. This is a great time to play board games, charades or get cosy watching a movie by the fireplace.
- Plan a couple of outings. There are some great beaches, conservation areas and parks within an hour’s drive, or consider hiring a fishing charter for some fun on the water.
- Enjoy a night of old-school family fun and visit The Boonies Drive-In Theatre, only 11 minutes away in Tilbury! They have the latest movies and fantastic food, too.
- Keep meals simple. No one likes to spend time cleaning while away. Give everyone a break by keeping sticking to the basics, going out to eat or ordering in.
- Add in a little education. Vacations are a great time for your entire family to expand horizons and learn something new. There’s a lot of culture and history in Essex and Kent Counties. Consider visiting a museum or attending a local festival.
- Plan to just “be” together. Put away the phones, tablets and laptops, and imagine just relaxing on the patio, have a little fire in the pit, enjoy conversations and reconnecting with your family.
Now is the perfect time to book your family vacation. If you’d like more information about booking a stay at Blue Water Cottages, please check out our rates and availability calendar, then give us a call or send us a text. 519-996-8117